1. Acquisition of private and other lands for government development and village expansion activities under the Land acquisition Act.
2. After the acquisition of lands under the village expansion the relevant lands are surveyed under the Land Development Ordinance and block plan is prepared. Carrying out resettlement of qualified land applicants by the land Kachcheri to those plots of land and preparing license and grants for that purpose.
3. Carrying out the subsequent activities related to those licenses such as naming the inheritance, certifying the original inheritance, guaranteeing the enjoyment of life and amending the condition.
4. Issuance of annual and long term leases of government lands t persons and institutions in the area selected by the Land Kachcheri and related follow up activities.
5. Collection of crop tax on school lands/ lands own by government department s and land reserved for public purposes in the custody of the Divisional Secretary.
6. Conducting investigation into unauthorized encroachment on government lands and resolving daily reported land issues.
7. Carrying out duties related to small scale water projects.
8. Preparation of land use plans for lands in the division, implementation, management, maintenance of information and database in this regard, holding of land use planning committees.
i. Activities related to Coordination of religious places (ShashanarakshakaBalamandala. Temples Dayaka Sabha/Kulagana Samithi/Vihara Karya Sadana Samiti/ Other volunteer organozations).
ii. Dhamma school education activities
iii. Create the path to make the religious place as the key institution in the village.
iv. Activities related to temples and Buddhist monks.
v. Other relevant Buddhist Activities.
i. Register art institutes.
ii. Duties related to artist
iii. Collect information on the arts and to preserve ancient arts with traditional value.
iv. Duties related to Arts Societies and Literature Association.
v. Work together with provincial institution in library activities.
i. Duties related to Overseas Employment.
ii. Overseas Employment Family Background Reports.
iii. Provide guidance to persons expecting overseas jobs.
iv. Arrange programmes to settle persons returned from overseas to society and to direct for livelihood programmes.
v. Duties related to Constant supervision on the children’s welfare and provide consultation to their families.
i. Duties related to Strengthen offenders socially , culturally, and economically.
ii. Design suitable development programmes to give treatments for alcoholic offenders and organize educational, consultation, educational programmes.
iii. Duties related to directing offenders to medical treatments.
iv. Direct Offenders to professional training centers.
i. Establishment of village development societies.
ii. Issuing feasibility reports to village development societies.
iii. Strengthen community based requirements by collecting funds such as
• Community hall,
• Public Well,
• Small scale Bride construction
• Rural road constructions,
• School aids,
• aids for special skill holders..
iv. Provide small scale loan facilities to community.
v. Facilitate sewing courses.
vi. Mediate in services and activities conducted by Ministry of Rural Development and Province.
• Industrial aids
• Housing construction aids.
vii. Provide Curator machine to Rural Development Societies.
viii. Supply Lightening conductor for essential places.
i. Create a divisional level Sport Plan.
ii. Crate divisional sport societies.
iii. Organize and run programmes to improve sports and publish sport.
iv. Make arrangement to hold 1st level of national sports and coordination.
v. Direct and provide guidance to Participant for the National Sport Festival.
vi. Organize and arrange sport and Health Care programmes in government and private institution.
vii. Regularly carry on the base sports training center and secondary sports training center.
Duties related to Issuing Copies of Birth/marriage and Death Certificates
Duties related to Productive issues
Duties related to Issuing National identity Card
Duties related to the programmes conducted by the Ministry of Agriculture.
•Food Produce National Programme
• Fruit growing Village Programme
• Extra Crop cultivation programme
• Young Agrarian Entrepreneurship Programme
• Commercial farm Programme
• Re- Cultivating Barren Paddy Field Programme
• Traditional Paddy cultivation
• Agrarian Production Exportation programme